Monday, March 2, 2009

Inspiration Artist




The final three drawings that I chose I felt best represented and imitated the inspriation artists work the best. With 2 of the 3 being from Brooke Morgan, her style and technique in representing an interior really struck and stood out to me. Her use of clean lines, variating line weights, and light water color to make the floors appear glossy added visual pleasure to her work. Looking at her work made me want to actually inhabit and experience the spaces in which she communicated through drawing. The other artist Wyzte van de Belt really stood out to me because of the way he chose to make line vertical lines with horizontal lines. Also, through his shading technique, he didn't need an "outline" of the space, but rather he chose to let the horizontal lines make the composition.





No comments: