Thursday, October 9, 2008

"UNITY 12:12"





The final product of this project was definitely a progression from my first attempt at it. The first ideas I had was the use of pairs, the balance of skewers and paper in which they would intersect some way, folding the paper so that it would stand 2'' high instead of 4", and also the radial effect.(1st photo) In the second attempt, I for the most part re-designed the 1st iteration, and experimented with adding a few features and taking out a few. It was a much more successful attempt than the 1st and I took the same ideas that I originally had and used them in my 2nd. My 3rd and 4rth attempts were changing the shapes and folds and trying new ways to arrange the sticks. Finally my 5th attempt was the most succesful and I still kept the same ideas from the 1st iteration in the final product which included folding the paper, curving the paper, piercing the paper, the use of pairs and keeping the radial effect.

No comments: