Thursday, October 9, 2008

Skewers and Vellum

-There were many projects that related alot to my project, and possessed the same characteristics so I chose to talk about 2. The first is Erica Anderson's. A few similarites that I found were that we both chose to puncture or use holes as another form of a binding agent. Both of our projects were radial in a sense, with mine's giving off the twisted effect. THe use of curves was evident in both projects, and we both used the skewers to help communicate and connect the project as a whole. We also both chose to place the skewers "opposite sided" with 6 being point on on one side and flat on the other, and vis-versa. I felt like both of our projects also drew the viewers eye upward and out. We both also chose to use th effect of folding the paper to communicate smaller scale and even stronger paper.
-The second person I chose to compare my project with was Kinsey Jones. Alot of the similarites that are evident in Erica and I's are present in Kinsey project as well. Kinsey and I both had the form of an x incorporated in our projects. Some similarites that were present in Kinsey that were also present in both Erica and I's were ther folding of the paper and opposite sided skewers.

No comments: