Thursday, October 9, 2008

"DESIGN A BOX/PLACE FOR 12 TWIGS"

"DESIGN A BOX/PLACE FOR 12 TWIGS"

This is the final product that I used for my twig project. I stitched the outskirt of the paper to bind it together which by the way my binding agent was sewing yarn. I also decided to stitch around my twigs to highlight and outline the shape and length of each one. The use of color was a continuation from the 1st iteration that I completed for this project. I really felt like they worked well with the brown and tan in the twigs. My precedent was actually a bridge, and I chose it because through my 1st attempt at this project, there was a bridge shaped form that inspired me to use a bridge for my precedent. This model relates to the precedent for 2 reasons. The 1s being that when I think of a bridge I thing of 3 different processes of movement. The 1st being the incline that you make to go up the bridge, the second being the some times short, sometimes long horizontal movement that is made, and then ofcourse the decline in which you exit the bridge. This is evident in this project by the form, and that is why it is split into 3 sections. Secondy, when I think of a bridge, I think of the horizontal and vertical bars used to support the structure. That was the reason for placing the twigs in 2 different directions. This actually was my second to last attempt at this project. I chose to use this particular model because I felt at the time that it communicated my concept in a better way. I feel like the last attempt was actually more visually appealing, but it didn't clarify as well as this one did. This next photo is actualy the last attempt.

No comments: